1 pound lean ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 bunches of fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons oil
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb rigatoni or thin spaghetti
- In a skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoon of oil, over medium heat until translucent, add garlic and saute for another five minutes. Add turmeric and stir well before putting the ground meat in the skillet.
- Brown meat on all sides while breaking it apart into very small pieces. Then add tomato sauce, tomato paste, a cup of water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes. Near the end add chopped parsley.
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pot add a one tablespoon of oil before layering the sauce and the pasta, starting with a large spoonful of the sauce at the bottom, and then adding a layer of pasta. Building it into a shape of pyramid. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour on low heat before serving.