- Depending on the size of your display dish, take a cup or two of the seeds of your choice.
- Rinse under cool water and place in a large enough bowl, cover with cool water and soak for a day or two. Be sure to change the water a couple of times a day.
- Drain the seeds and place them in a moist cheesecloth. Place the cheesecloth in a deep dish, this would keep the seeds and the moisture together until the seeds start to germinate. Place the dish on a sunny windowsill.
- Keep the seeds moist by sprinkling/spraying water on it when needed.
- If the seeds are of good quality and there's ample sunlight, it won't take long for the seeds to sprout.
- Remove the cloth and place the newly germinated seeds in a desired dish.
- Change the water twice a day and discard the extra water.
- You may tie a red ribbon around the grass and place it on your haft seen table!